Current career opportunities
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR – CONTRACT POSITION
The Production Coordinator works with FirstWorks’ presenting and arts-learning programs, interfacing between artist and production, house management, and contract fulfillment. S/he will work closely with FirstWorks’ Administrative and Project Coordinator, Education and Community Coordinator, and other staff to assure successful implementation and outcomes.
This is a program-specific role focused on events taking place February 1-3, 2017; and February 23-24, 2017. Aspects of the schedule are flexible—but on-site production dates are fixed. This role will also require she/he to attend production meetings prior to and after the dates listed above.
Scope of responsibilities includes:
• Understand the details of all artist contracts and tech riders.
• Work to fulfill and negotiate artist production requirements within budget with guidance from the Executive Artistic Director.
• Coordinate all requirements/details with venue technical director/staff.
• Provide stage and/or house management at FirstWorks events.
• Develop, distribute, and update all production schedules across staff.
• Assist tech company/venue technical staff during load-in and production.
• Manage artist hospitality and meal details on site.
• Arrange artist requests (access to spaces, meals and any other details).
• Furnish and/or coordinate Artist ground transportation, including curb-to-curb delivery, vehicle rentals, reservations, etc.
Education & Community Programs
• Work directly with FirstWorks Education and Community Coordinator to plan and implement educational and outreach activities at schools and other venues.
• Oversee all on-site, artist residency and educational activity requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 3-4 years experience in theater production, logistics and/or stage management.
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
• Familiarity with and passion for performing & visual arts.
• Effective computer skills and facility with databases and spreadsheets.
• Reliable automobile/transportation.
Submit cover letter, resume and three technical references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until filled.
MARKETING AND PROGRAM INTERNSHIP
There is an opportunity for a motivated, organized and creative intern to join the FirstWorks team. This person will gain hands-on experience in multiple aspects of program and marketing implementation, including educational and performance programs, artist liaison, outreach, and assisting in the general day-to-day operations of the FirstWorks office.
We are seeking interns who are available from 15 to 20 hours a week. Both graduate level and qualified under-graduate students may apply. The intern will report to Managing Director, Peter Bramante and work broadly with other members of the FirstWorks staff.
Scope of responsibilities includes:
• Assist with distribution of promotional materials, implement marketing functions/assist with social media etc.
• Assist with general office projects, data entry, and database reporting
• Assist Production with details relating to needs at upcoming educational & performance venues
• Assist with house management at FirstWorks events
Term: Position available for Winter/Spring and Summer 2017
Valuable skills include:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational ability
• Familiarity with CRM databases
• Strong social media skills
Required skills include:
• Fully fluent in Microsoft Office Suite
• Available to staff events on week nights & weekends where needed
• Enthusiasm for the arts
Depending upon a candidate’s interests and skills, special projects such as box office management, production coordination, or sponsorship development may be devised as part of this internship.
FirstWorks brings exceptional world-class performing arts experiences to Rhode Island, impacting the cultural, educational and economic vitality of the community. Launched in 2004, FirstWorks has since produced 25 groundbreaking arts festivals and programs that have attracted more than 360,000 participants and presented over 60 premiere performances. FirstWorks has offered Rhode Islanders unprecedented access to some of the most exciting artists of this time, including Yo-Yo Ma & the Silk Road Ensemble, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Wynton Marsalis, Rosanne Cash, the Joffrey Ballet, and international masters from the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and Europe. The FirstWorks Arts Learning Program works with over 80 public and charter schools across Rhode Island to provide students, particularly those from underserved communities, direct connection with world-class performing artists and creative thinkers.
Please submit cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and two academic references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Be sure to include the term “Internship” in the subject line.***