Current career opportunities
FirstWorks is a fast-paced, growing non-profit arts organization dedicated to enhancing our community through world-class performing arts and education programs. FirstWorks curates two annual performing arts series and produces ground-breaking projects with renowned artists such as Yo-Yo Ma and Paul Taylor Dance Company. We are the proud Founding Partner of PVDFest, the City of Providence’s signature cultural celebration, which showcases the diversity and vibrancy of the Creative Capital. We also provide art education to 4,000 K-12 students at 30+ Rhode Island schools each year, helping fill the gap left from severe public spending cuts.
PVDFEST 2019 PRODUCTION AND EVENT INTERNSHIP
FirstWorks seeks a process-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic intern to join its staff this spring leading up to and during PVDFest 2019, which takes place this year June 6-9. The intern will gain experience working with professional arts programming, festival planning and execution, and local event organizing. Duties include implementing artist liaison, outreach, assisting in the general day-to-day operations of the FirstWorks office and on-site at PVDFest. Interns should be available from 15 to 20 hours per week, with extended hours during the days of the festival. Positions are available March through June 2019. Both graduate level and qualified undergraduate students may apply.
• Assist Program Manager with details relating to logistics, artist arrangements, and technical needs for educational & public performances
• Assist Marketing Director with implementation of publicity campaign and distribution of marketing materials
• Assist Education and Community Outreach Manager with the coordination of student festival participation and school publicity initiatives
• Assist with stage and inventory preparations and on-site management
• Provide general support to the organization in various areas as needed
Valuable skills include:
• Ability to work well in a team
• Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organizational ability
• Willingness to handle generalized tasks as needed including office tasks and computer work
• Attention to detail
• Self-motivated work ethic
• Enthusiasm for and knowledge of the performing arts
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and two academic references to email@example.com.
***Be sure to include the term “Internship” in the subject line.***
FirstWorks is a non-profit based in Providence, Rhode Island whose purpose is to build the cultural, educational and economic vitality of its community by engaging audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs. Since 2004, FirstWorks festivals, performances and programs have attracted more than 500,000 participants. The FirstWorks Arts Learning Program reaches over 4,000 students from public and charter schools across Rhode Island with transformative arts-based learning experiences. FirstWorks is Founding Partner for PVDFest, collaborating with the City of Providence to produce an international arts celebration held each June that draws tens of thousands of visitors to Providence to experience music, art and spectacular performances.