Current career opportunities
MARKETING AND PROGRAM INTERNSHIP
There is an opportunity for a motivated, organized and creative intern to join the FirstWorks team. This person will gain hands-on experience in multiple aspects of program and marketing implementation, including educational and performance programs, artist liaison, outreach, and assisting in the general day-to-day operations of the FirstWorks office.
We are seeking interns who are available from 15 to 20 hours a week. Both graduate level and qualified under-graduate students may apply. The intern will report to Managing Director, Peter Bramante and work broadly with other members of the FirstWorks staff.
Scope of responsibilities includes:
• Assist with distribution of promotional materials, implement marketing functions/assist with social media etc.
• Assist with general office projects, data entry, and database reporting
• Assist Production with details relating to needs at upcoming educational & performance venues
• Assist with house management at FirstWorks events
Term: Position available for Fall and Winter 2017
Valuable skills include:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational ability
• Familiarity with CRM databases
• Strong social media skills
Required skills include:
• Fully fluent in Microsoft Office Suite
• Available to staff events on week nights & weekends where needed
• Enthusiasm for the arts
Depending upon a candidate’s interests and skills, special projects such as box office management, production coordination, or sponsorship development may be devised as part of this internship.
FirstWorks brings exceptional world-class performing arts experiences to Rhode Island, impacting the cultural, educational and economic vitality of the community. Launched in 2004, FirstWorks has since produced 25 groundbreaking arts festivals and programs that have attracted more than 360,000 participants and presented over 60 premiere performances. FirstWorks has offered Rhode Islanders unprecedented access to some of the most exciting artists of this time, including Yo-Yo Ma & the Silk Road Ensemble, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Wynton Marsalis, Rosanne Cash, the Joffrey Ballet, and international masters from the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and Europe. The FirstWorks Arts Learning Program works with over 80 public and charter schools across Rhode Island to provide students, particularly those from underserved communities, direct connection with world-class performing artists and creative thinkers.
Please submit cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and two academic references to email@example.com.
***Be sure to include the term “Internship” in the subject line.***